Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is Severe Hair Loss an acceptable reason to visit a Doctor?

I have been suffering hair loss for the last 1 and a half years and lately just by feeling the density of my hair i can tell there is not much left (particularly in the front).





Hair colouring many times was what triggered the initial hair loss and it has gone from bad to worse over the many months.





Every time I wash my hair about 100 hairs fall out, and several weeks later my hair does not seem to regrow back, so my hair mass gets thinner and thinner each time.





This makes washing my hair a thing that i do not look forward to, and i have already had depression over this issue. I think I have passed my depression stage, although recently I am constantly feeling down (due to the fact of how thin my hair is) and I have harsh suicidal thoughts at least twice a week.





So From all of what I said do you think this is an acceptable reason to see a doctor?? I would also appreciate comments from people also with hair loss.. thanks all xoxIs Severe Hair Loss an acceptable reason to visit a Doctor?
Of course. Anytime you are concerned is a good time to see the doctor.





All the best.Is Severe Hair Loss an acceptable reason to visit a Doctor?
Yes, please ask your doctor to check your thyroid hormones.





Hypothyroidism can cause extensive hair loss AND depression.





The treatment can be as easy as taking meds like synthroid once a day.





I had been hypothyroid for years before being diagnosed. At my worst, I was losing 600 hairs per day (when I did bother to count them), and very down. There are many other symptoms to hypothyroidism, and there are many different causes too.





Please go get some bloodwork done soon.


Best of luck.
Yes it could be a hormone problem. Go to the doc and have him check your hormone levels.
Yes, you could have a fungal infection.
Sorry to hear how you feel but I understand as when I slipped a disc and received 3 treatments of cortisone in the spine , trouble is that I did not know my body disagrees with that stuff and the end result was all hair on my body -yes everywhere uh hu even there ! with the help of a dermatologist one %26amp; half years later I have hair . So friend stop feeling bad for yourself and silly ideas about giving up - do you see soldiers without limbs give up - no they dig down and come up fighting %26amp; that is what you need to do. GO see a doctor - may take a year or so but go fight for your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment